Hearts of Texas Head Start banner

News & Information

Hunger Free Communities - Bastrop County

The Bastrop County division of the Hunger Free Communities releases a monthly calendar of food assistance locations. Depending on the location, families can get a hot meal, fresh vegatables, as well as staple foods. Please click the link below for the October 2021 calendar.

October 2021 Calendar - PDF file

Problem Solving Procedure

When a parent or another person from the community has a complaint or problem with the Head Start Program, or any of the Head Start staff, the following steps can be taken. At any time, a parent may ask someone to act as an advocate to help them. The role of the Head Start Staff (Family Advocate, Center Director, and/or Teacher) is to support and guide the parent, while encouraging the parent to speak for themselves.

Problem Solving Procedure - PDF file

USDA Non-discrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form (AD 3027) found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by

1) Mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
2) Fax: (202) 690-7442
3) Email: program.intake@usda.gov
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.